A cloned VIN alert will appear on a CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Report if data (typically U.S. title/registration records) appearing on a VHR at time of order are:
- Disputed by the vehicle's owner
- Reviewed and verified by data sources with the report data source (typically a U.S. DMV)
- Reviewed further by the DMV and confirmed to have been obtained because of fraud committed by the vehicle registrant
A cloned VIN alert will not appear if the above steps have not been completed.
If you notice history, coming from a province or state, that you believe to be incorrect:
- Please contact the owner immediately
- Or if you are the vehicle owner, please see: I believe information on my CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Report is inaccurate. What do I do?
- CARFAX Canada also recommends that you contact the DMV reporting the title/registration immediately to notify them that you believe a title may have been issued in their state as a result of fraud and to request that they review, and if possible, revoke/cancel the title
For more information on cloned VIN, please see: What does "cloned VIN" mean?